Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chocolate & Coffee for a Hellish Earache


Earaches are a lot more painful than one might expect. They tend to get worse when the inflicted points their frontal lobe on a steep diagonal towards the floor. Perhaps the fluid moving around is what causes the pain? Whatever it is, it's not pretty.

I suffered an Ear (and Upper Respiratory) infection simultaneously in September 2008. I remember it vividly. Of course I had to go to the health center twice before they noticed my dilema. Overtime I came to understand their ways, however, and soon was perfectly fine with scheduling two appointments back to back. As long as I eventually get the help I needed.

Why is it that school nurses (from elementary school on) tend to think crackers and water are the world's quintessential panacea? Why not chocolate and coffee? Particularly I think, if we are sticking to food and drink as drugs, rather than antibiotics, chocolate and coffee would make me feel much better than crackers and water.

Anyway, I'm recovering from being super sick (yay alliteration!) but I am quite behind on my work. From press releases and festival updates to dance rehearsals and late night eblast creations, it's hard to keep up when you are feeling under the weather.

What's that mean anyway? Under the weather? As opposed to...over the weather? I guess technically the weather tends to exist in the sky. So over the weather could be synonymous to heaven. Because of this, I would think it acceptable to say you are feeling either...
1. Heavenly
or
2. Hellish
My under the weather, hellish, feeling seems to be disappearing. Thank God :D

No comments: