Monday, April 25, 2011

Vent Much?

Ahhhhh I want to be a copywriter! NOWWWWWWWW.

But I'm hesitant to submit my portfolio to agencies because of my Photoshop skills. Damn my photoshop skills. I've been working on them, and I possess pretty decent photoshop skills, but I'm no Jack Tinker.

Question: When applying to an ad agency does the AD in a copywriter's portfolio need to be as strong as the AD in an art director's portfolio?Or can their copy speak for itself?

Question: If so, then does the copy in an AD's portfolio need to be as strong as the copy in the copywriter's portfolio? Or is it their design skills that are mainly being critiqued?

I wish one could submit ads in a portfolio with copy only (headline, body copy if there is any, tag line etc). Then maybe a descriptor of what you envision for the picture. If this was true my portfolio would be done years ago! I've fully concepted a million products it seems, I just haven't gotten to the AD. Sometimes I've tried to ask other AD's I know if they want to take on the project but the one's I've tried to work with are often take forever and seldom finish anything fully. Maybe because I cannot pay any of them!

Timely Favors? Non-existent.

No comments: